What is Pegaxy?
Pegaxy is an online blockchain game by Mirai Labs. Based on the reliable and renowned Polygon chain, it pits players against a field of 14 horses in a PVP matchup. The top three winners get varying amounts of Vigorus (VIS) at the end of the game.
With randomized elemental variables that are unique to every race, each futuristic metal horse, called a Pega, must use its tools and power to overcome its arduous race to the top!
Pegaxy is basically the metaverse’s version of a horse race. Each horse has 25 energy, and they are pitted against players who have the same horse rarity. As a result, the games are relatively fair and balanced despite the presence of multiple environmental factors in the Pegaxy metaverse.
There are four types of horses in Pegaxy: Pacer, Rare, Epic, and Legendary. A Pacer is the starter horse in the Pegaxy universe, while a Legendary is considered to be among the top-tier horses within the game.
Getting started with Pegaxy
Connect a Wallet
Connect your Wallet (Metamask) to the Polygon chain and the official Pegaxy website. Just follow the prompts and that’s it!
Purchase a Pega
Purchase or rent a single Pega from the Marketplace – though it’s better for you to purchase one. You will only need one Pega to start racing!
Click the Enter Race button and you will be pushed into a lobby matching your Pega’s class, instantly. It does not take more than 15 seconds to find a match.
Hope for the Best
Watch your Pega race against 14 others – which means you are 15 in the field! If you place in the top 3, you win VIS tokens. Simple, no?
Due to the fact that it is a bear market right now, breeding two 0/0 Pegas would only cost $0.65 in total ($0.15 for the VIS cost and $0.50 for the PGX requirement). This would bring an approximate profit of $0.35 to the breeder if the Pega is sold at the current floor price of $1.00.
Playing Pegaxy on mobile is pretty simple:
- Just set up your Metamask and the Polygon network to your wallet on your device.
- Once done, set the default network to Polygon.
Afterwards, the magic starts here:
- Go to the official Pegaxy website at https://www.pegaxy.io
- Click the Download button.
- Once complete, follow the prompts to allow your device to download the app.
- You may encounter an “unverified” warning. Please read through it and confirm you are OK to continue – the Pegaxy Mobile application is an APK at the moment.
- Once the download is complete, open the app.
- Head to Pegaxy at https://play.pegaxy.io website and select the wallet button.
- Inside this option, you will see a button in the list that says “Show QR Code” and select that option.
- There will be a Metamask pop-up. Afterwards, there will be a QR code.
- Return to the mobile app, select “Scan QR Code” and hold your phone up to scan the QR code on your screen.
- You will then automatically be prompted and logged into your account on the app.
- Once complete, you are ready to play Pegaxy on mobile!
How to earn money with Pegaxy
While it is true that there are a lot of unpredictable factors involved in Pegaxy, one could expect to win 30 percent of races (that would make up for around seven to eight races per day) and get a place on the podium on average.
Since it’s way more common for players to get second place than to get either third or first place, we’ll divide the win pie into two bronze placings, two gold placings, and four silver placings.
To put out the math:
- Pacer: 20 VIS for two bronzes, 72 VIS for four silvers, and 84 VIS for two golds for a total of 176 VIS per day
- Rare: 62 VIS for two bronzes, 212 VIS for four silvers, and 252 VIS for two golds for a total of 526 VIS per day
- Epic: 172 VIS for two bronzes, 568 VIS for four silvers, and 684 VIS for two golds for a total of 1424 VIS per day
- Legendary: 464 VIS for two bronzes, 1552 VIS for four silvers, and 1860 VIS for two golds for a total of 3876 VIS per day
One could also earn through renting out Pegas (a typical share would be somewhere between 10-90 to 20-80 (the former number representing the scholar’s earnings and the latter number representing the owner’s earnings) to players who are theoretically unable to get a Pega from the market; however, with the floor prices being super low at the moment, it is a better choice for players to simply get their own Pega from the market.
Finally, one could sell Pegas via breeding: The floor price is currently 1 USDT on the in-game marketplace – though it should be clear that one should take breeding prices into account to be able to get the most amount of benefit possible!