The Top 3 Axies That Will Help You Dominate PvP
This article was published on July 11, 2021. Please keep in mind that some of the data in this article may be outdated as of today.
The class of an Axie is important for combat, because each class is weak and/or strong against other classes. Axie Infinity has 6 “normal” classes: Beast, Bug, Bird, Reptile, Plant, and Aquatic.
- Aquatics are incredibly versatile because of their high Speed and good HP. They are particularly strong against: Beast, Bug, Mech but are weak against: Reptile, Plant, Dusk.
- Beasts are strong against Reptile, Plant, Dusk but are weak against Aquatic, Bird, Dawn
- Birds are strong against Beast, Bug, Mech but are weak against Reptile, Plant, Dusk
- Bugs are strong against Reptile, Plant, Dusk but are weak against Aquatic, Bird, Dawn.
- Plants are strong against Aquatic, Bird, Dawn but are weak against Beast, Bug, Mech. Plants’ ability to absorb a high amount of damage, while also gaining Energy and destroying the opponent’s energy, makes them an easy choice when choosing your team setup.
- Reptiles are a great sub-tank or off-tank, because of their high base HP and Speed. They are strong against: Aquatic, Bird, Dawn but are weak against: Beast, Bug, Mech.
The three “secret” classes in Axie Infinity are:
- Mech: Offspring of a purebred Beast Axie and a purebred Bug Axie.
- Dawn: Offspring of a purebred Plant Axie and a purebred Bird Axie.
- Dusk: Offspring of a purebred Reptile Axie and a purebred Aquatic Axie.
The Top 3 Axies We Recommend
When talking about the most popular Axies, it would be the Plant, Beast, and Aqua. These three as of recent months have become some of the most common PVP combinations (ABP). Most players feel this is the best combination and gives you the best chance to climb the PVP ranks. However, we personally believe that the Bird, Beast and Plant (BBP) combination is the most consistent combination to play PVE and PVP with.
- Birds are your damage dealers. A common card combination is Dark Swoop with 3 other attacks to “Snipe” the fastest enemy target. This could be an Aqua (second fastest Axie behind the Bird) or a bird on the enemy team. Sniping is an extremely effective strategy against other BBP and even ABP combinations.
- Beasts fill your strong support role. With cards like Single Combat and Double Nutcracker card combo, these can take out tanks in one play if your cards are played right.
- Plants fill the tank role of the team. Their ability to absorb massive attacks with cards like Pumpkin are the reason it’s an essential on any team.
Remember: Having the “best team” still depends on how you strategically play your cards.
Buy your Axies now! Visit Axie Infinity’s marketplace: https://marketplace.axieinfinity.com