Saigon: A Ronin Testnet For Developers is Live!
Today, November 23rd, Ronin announced the launch of Saigon, an open testnet for Ronin. Saigon offers several benefits to developers. What exactly are they? Check out this article for more details.
Saigon, an open testnet for Ronin, is live!— Ronin (@Ronin_Network) November 23, 2022
• Developers can now easily test and deploy smart contracts on Saigon.
• We’re testing Ronin’s upgrade to Delegated Proof of Stake (DPOS).
• We’ve open-sourced 3 crucial codebases.
📜| https://t.co/y2AN0LiAXr pic.twitter.com/c2qhMeV7Mw
What is Saigon?
Following the release of the New Ronin Mobile Wallet, Ronin has released yet another incredible product! Saigon is a Ronin developer testnet that will allow anyone, anywhere to demonstrate the value of their work and make the case for its deployment on Ronin.
Developers can now easily test and deploy smart contracts on Saigon. Not just that, you can also acquire RON through the Testnet Faucet!
You can also integrate with Ronin wallet, Katana, and the Ronin bridge contract on the testnet.
The Sky Mavis team expects the developers to start deploying experimental contracts around but not limited to:
- Axie team and guild management
- NFT collateralization and trading
- Community-built Axie games
- Esports tooling and payouts
Ronin’s Upgrade to Delegated Proof of Stake (DPOS)
Do you think you can help Ronin in protecting their network? There’s something good waiting for you!
Ronin has created a dashboard for Validator onboarding as well as a dashboard where users may stake their RON tokens through a validator of their choice. Soon, you’ll be able to stake your RON tokens through a validator and get incentives for assisting in network security! Ronin’s consensus mechanism is being upgraded and updated to proof of stake by the Ronin team.
Ronin Has Open-sourced 3 Crucial Codebases
Sky Mavis continues to work on making Ronin more accessible and transparent. One approach to do so is to open the source codebases! The source codebases for the Ronin protocol, Bridge, and DPOS smart contract are provided here:
- Ronin Protocol – https://github.com/axieinfinity/ronin
- Ronin Bridge – https://github.com/axieinfinity/bridge-v2
- DPOS Smart contract – https://github.com/axieinfinity/ronin-dpos-contracts
Ronin never stops building amazing products. Make sure to follow them on social media to keep track of their newest updates.